comes down to what mattress you have. If you have a king size mattress you’ll want to connect the two halves with the included sync cable. Now simply place your king mattress on top of the adjustable base and both halves will move together with either remote. If you have two Twin XL mattresses, then don’t connect the sync cable so that each half moves independently. Haven't bought your mattress yet? If you’re not sure whether you’d like a King or a Split King setup here are a few things that may help you decide: KING (ONE KING SIZE MATTRESS) Both sides move up and down simultaneously. Uses a King mattress so there are no gaps between you and your sleeping partner. Will need king size bedding. SPLIT KING (2 TWIN XL MATTRESSES) Allows for each side to move independently so that you can sit up and read while your sleeping partner lays flat and sleeps. Uses two Twin XL mattresses. Expect a slight gap between the two beds. Will need two sets of Twin XL bed sheets. Note: If you decide to go with a Split King adjustable base remember to add two Twin XL mattresses to your shopping cart.
Articles in this section
- How high is the adjustable base off the ground?
- Will the adjustable base fit inside my existing bed (Headboard, Footboard & Rails)?
- How do I know if I want a King or a Split King?
- What’s the difference between a King and a Split King adjustable base?
- Is the Layla Bed Frame Adjustable?
- What is the Weight Capacity for the Layla Bed Frame?
- What are the dimensions and weights of the Layla Bed Frame?
- What is the Layla Foundation?
- What are the sizes of the Layla Foundation?
- What is the Layla Foundation cover made from?